When learning how to build a house, it is important to make sure that you have exterior insulation and finish systems in place. Interior insulation can only be as good as exterior insulation, so the easiest way to make sure this is done is to hire an expert.
There are a few reasons why you might want to consider using EIFS over other exterior insulation and finish systems:
- EIFS is an air-tight and water-resistant building material.
- EIFS can help reduce energy costs by acting as an insulator against heat and cold.
- EIFS can also help protect your building from moisture damage.
If you're planning on installing EIFS yourself, it's important to understand the different types of foam and plastic that are available at https://arrowcr.net/. The most popular type of EIFS is Acrylite, which is made from polystyrene beads that are glued together. This type of EIFS is easy to install and provides a smooth surface. However, it doesn't offer much protection against weathering or water damage.
Image Source: Google
The second type of EIFS is called PUR-foam. This type of foam is made from recycled materials and offers a more durable surface than Acrylite. PUR-foam also has a better thermal performance than Acrylite, which means it can keep your home cooler in the summertime and warmer in the wintertime.
The final type of EIFS is called Gypsum Panelboard System ( GPS). This type of paneling is made from recycled gypsum board, and it is arguably the most durable EIFS.
There are a few tips that will help you apply EIFS correctly:
- Make sure the adhesive is properly cured before installing the membrane. Failure to cure the adhesive may result in leaks or tears in the membrane.
- Be sure to keep the surface clean while the membrane is curing. Dirt and debris cause difficulties in the installation process.